I love making lists and rules for myself, so the fact that I haven't made any formal new year resolutions is baffling to me. But in light of the fact that I do these things for myself year-round, I suppose it makes sense. Nevertheless, here are some running/fitness goals that I would like to accomplish this year:
- Run a sub-2:10 half-marathon. This may still be slower than my first and fastest half-marathon (2:08:something), but it would be a decent improvement to the past four halves I've run.
- Run stronger. Not to be confused with faster.
- Run faster. But only if I can run stronger.
- Run in new places. There are many local trails I have yet to experience.
- Run with new people. But still cherish the solo runs.
- Plan for a fall marathon. I'm thinking Chicago (again) or Marine Corps.
- Keep yoga in the mix. It saves me.
- Run barefoot. Just because.
- Volunteer at a race. It's past time I give back.
- Take breaks from running. My body will thank me.
Now that I've shown you mine, you show me yours.