I realize today that I'm not taking my rehab as seriously as I've taken my training. While I know the various reasons for this, I'd rather not delve into those and instead would like to make a list of actions I should be seriously focusing on to help my recovery. My hope is that publicly declaring these actions will help keep me accountable during a time when I'm really having to dig deep to stay motivated.
- Ice 3x per day
- Do strengthening exercises given by PT 1x per day
- Stretch 2x per day
- Incorporate elliptical or speed walking 2x per week
- Take epsom salt baths 2x per week
- Bike longer than I think I can
- Go to bed earlier to get appropriate sleep
- Listen to my body; if it hurts, don't do it
- Be grateful for what I can do
- Practice yoga--for well-being of both body and soul
If anyone would like to help keep me accountable, I welcome your efforts!